Thursday, January 31, 2013

Paris trends...Eclectic


Eclectic style is going strong. In the age of mass production, blatant knock from the likes of Restoration Hardware and others, it is refreshing to see that great style is not a formula but rather, an intrinsic vision and creative reflection of the artist or designer. The creative mind will always offset the grueling reality of the design business.

I am highlighting a few pieces caught by my camera at Maisons et Objets that are strong elements to create an eclectic style. The parisians are not concerned with brand names and perfection, rather they dare experiment, mix the inherited piece with a contemporary sofa and the vintage finds. Go ahead, have fun, be a little daring and create your own vision of an eclectic style.

For more eclectic rooms and key pieces to an eclectic style , check my Pinterest board "Eclectic Style"



Eclectic Boheme chic by Christian Lacroix



We carry I Bride whimsical creatures in our showroom Interieurs

Mid century eclectic style 


 Great wallpaper 

Loved this light which I will be ordering for the Showroom

Beautiful Bronze chandelier

Table top at the Marche aux Puces saint Ouen


Fabulous stitch work, would look amazing on a dark sofa



A bientot,

Francine









3 comments:

  1. Oh Francine,
    What beautiful pieces ...... I LOVE that first sofa.
    I guess that my feeling about interior design is that it doesn't really matter what people choose (as we all have different taste) but, how it is all put together. Wouldn't it be great to see how different people put some of those objects together but, I guess, in your line of business, you do. I'm sure that there would be so many different interpretations.
    Have a lovely weekend Francine. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are gorgeous and make a change from grey and taupe.....very Spring like.

    But the item that I really want is that fabulous owl....he is gorgeous.

    Bon week-end à toi,

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Francine,
    I love the lighting and the framed dress, so fabulous.

    Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers this week,

    Xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter